Ipad 2 and music

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shaunb100, Dec 18, 2011.

1. shaunb100 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, hope somebody can help with this minor but irratating problem. I'm new to Apple products so not too familiar with the OS but trying to learn.

Basically i got an ipad 2 as a gift a week ago. It works great and i'm really enjoying it but how can i stop the music app automatically starting and playing music each time i turn on the ipad.

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Try double tapping the home button which brings up the multi-tasking bar. Press on the the Music App until is jiggles and press the red circle with the minus sign until it disappears. Problem should stop.

3. shaunb100 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately all that happens is that it resets when switching the ipad off therefore when i switch back on music starts playing automatically

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

That's not normal behavior, music shouldn't start playing unless you go into the music app and press play. Once you start playing music, it should keep playing even if you put the iPad to sleep. Are you using a Smart Cover? Do you have any headphones or speakers attached to your iPad?

6. shaunb100 thread starter macrumors newbie

i switch the app off then it automatically restarts on restarting the ipad

----------

Yes, sometimes earphones, sometimes a speaker stand/dock

7. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, check to make sure your headphones or speakers aren't sending signals to the iPad to start playing music. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you, I've owned numerous iDevices, and none of them ever started playing music on startup without user intervention.