iPad 2 App Store Acting Weird...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gosabres1984, Apr 15, 2011.

1. gosabres1984 macrumors regular

Anyone else having issues of the App Store not recognizing already purchased items on the iPad 2? It seems there have been quite a few problems the last 24 hours or so with the app store on the iPad 2.

1. Not recognizing already purchased items
    2. Constantly saying cannot connect to itunes store

It appears many others are having this problem...are you?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=13387248

2. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

Yes, our's is a bit different. The app store won't allow us to swipe through different screens. For example if we type in free apps, generally there are pages upon pages to scroll through however last night it wouldn't do anything but display the first page.

3. RKpro macrumors 6502

When browsing top charts, apps that I already have normally display "Installed" over the price tag. But now, some of them show the price, even though I already have them installed. Also the Show More button is constantly freezing up, and not responding.

I really don't like the ipad store even when it works, the iphone version is much better for discovering new apps.

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I was just about to make a post about this. The install badge isn't showing up anymore for the apps I already have. I have over 1000 apps. lol no lie. When I do a "Gameloft" search and choose see all, it only let's me view the first page of apps. It won't let me use the arrows to navigate to other pages.

If I was a developer I would make a major complaint to apple. It's making it hard to find apps. Not that I need anymore. :rolleyes:

5. gosabres1984 thread starter macrumors regular

It's seems that almost everyone is having these issues...when is Apple going to acknowledge this? A new update coming?

6. M0nk3ym4n macrumors newbie

Yep I'm having same issues, also cannot leave feedback for any apps that I've purchased, when I click "write review" it simply pushes me to top of the page. ;-(

Hope Apple will fix this ASAP!!

Using iPad 2 w/ ios 4.3

7. gosabres1984 thread starter macrumors regular

UPDATE : As of 7:54pm ET, my iPad is now recognizing already purchased items in the app store...finally, however....still can't browse apps by most popular or free like the other poster stated, it just shades out the option to tap the next arrows.

UPDATE #2 : WTF, 2 minutes later at 7:56pm ET, purchased apps went back to NOT being recognized.