Ipad 2 apple store stock, London

Discussion in 'iPad' started by homes2525, May 30, 2011.

1. homes2525 macrumors member

Just checked with white city they only have 32 gb black in stock, does anyone know how often the get stock in(I am looking for the 64gb 3g black).
    and has any one ordered one online and got it before the 1-2 week notice
    thanks

2. kaibex macrumors 6502

kaibex

I always got a vague response when queried stock replenishment for ipad 2, when I was waiting for my white 3G. One guy said "you can order online" about 3 times in a conversation and I was hesitant because of the 1-2 weeks but got one from a store instead. Point being I think they keep it close to their chest regarding deliveries etc, maybe for security reasons, always seemed to be they are in stock or out of stock, without much info in between.

3. megsandbytes macrumors member

good point, why rob a Brinks truck when you could get a truck load of new iPad 2's :p

4. Sammio2 macrumors regular

Sammio2

I was told on the phone by Regent Street Apple Store, that they get daily deliveries, but they aren't 100% sure which models will come in each day, and they tend to be completely sold out by about 2/3pm each day...

So get there for opening at 9am ish, and good luck... OR You could order online from argos (they have stock right now) for a 2 day delivery!!

5. caconesa macrumors newbie

I was on the same boat as you 4 days ago. I was trying to purchase a White 64gb 3G iPad from apple and I called them for almost a week at 9 am. They said the same every morning, they either were out of stock or they just had the wifi models. In the end I gave up with them and while doing a little bit of research I came across this website which I think is amazing. It tells you the stock of iPads in the UK.

http://www.ipad-stock.co.uk/ipad-2-wifi-3g-white-stock.aspx#64gb

What I did was check the model I wanted and the website showed that carphone warehouse had iPads in stock. I immediately called costumer services and asked if there were any iPads available in central London. He told me that there were a couple in the big carphone warehouse besides John Lewis in Oxford street and a couple more in tottenham court road. I went as fast as I could to tottenham court road and finally purchased my iPad.

I hope this helps you and don't just rely on apple to get your iPad as they are not very helpful when it comes to stock.

By the way, apparently there are not many iPads in stock at the moment. But keep looking because yesterday John Lewis and carphone warehouse had loads.