Ipad 2 application not openning

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by keema, Dec 26, 2011.

1. keema macrumors member

"most" of the applications on my ipad2 is not launching, openning then shutingdown quickly. My apps are (facebook, skype,etc.) i didn't do anything.

Do i have to download it all over again? What causes it to crash? Does this happen everytime?

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

I assume that all 3rd party apps are not working but the build-in apps from Apple ?

Logon once with your device to iTunes Store; where you for the apps from ... should help; had that one when I upgraded to iOS5 in the past. As far as I remember that was a "hick-up" in authentication of your device.

3. keema thread starter macrumors member

@christian

Thanks for your reply..yes, only 3rd party apps. ( i assume skype is 3rd party app. As well cuz i dont know:) )

I dont have my laptop here at the moment so im gonna log in in my itunes using my ipad then go to a particular app that does not work then? Re-download it?

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Have u tried holding the power and home button till it reboots?

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

if you have any WiFi around it would be enough to just start AppStore once and login. You might want to update some apps. The key is that the device has once the chance to say "Hallo" to Apple Server and get some handshake back. I think redownload is not required.

6. keema thread starter macrumors member

@gav

Not yet, seems to be an easy solution, hopefully :)

Ill give it a try...

Do you know what @christian meant?

----------

Thanks for your quick reply :)

Im already logged in on my appstore account because im redownloading some of the small size apps that crashed (dont want to do it for all the apps).

So u mean i just need to be logged in then what?

7. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

if you already download the one or other small app and the account is the same as you used for the the other apps: just try to call Skype or FB ... if my guess is right it should work then ...