Ipad 2 as a WIFI Drive???

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rivozzz, Jul 17, 2011.

1. rivozzz macrumors newbie

well i have ipad 2 jailbroken .. i want to use my ipad as a wifi drive.

ist: i have a plenty of apps..so which is best to buy good reader or readdle docs or air sharing or ifiles or using cyida ifile???

2nd: and most most important...to connect a mac or pc to ipad2 as wifi drive to upload or download files..do they must be connected to the same wifi network???? or mac can be connected to a wifi network and ipad to another ipad network and i write the url or bonjour of ipad on mac and it will access it..this is particularly if
    a)im at work with mac and ipad is at home or vice versa or
    b)i have 2 different networks for mac and ipad or
    c) i have a mac with wifi and ipad with 3g

so do the mac and ipad have to be connected to same wifi network to allow the transfer between them

3) what is VPN ..can it be used to connect mac to ipad?? and what is really bonjor??

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Read first! Please use the appropriate forum or subforum

To help other users find the iPad threads they are looking for, please choose the most appropriate forum for your new thread.
    Use iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting for troubleshooting and problem-solving. This forum is new and we hope you'll take advantage of it.
    Use iPad Accessories for cases, gadgets you connect, etc.
    Use iPad Hacks for jailbreaking and customization.
    Use iPad Launch Meetups for iPad events.
    Use iPad Apps for iPad applications.
    Use the main iPad forum for other iPad topics: features, opinions, ideas, speculation, iOS discussion, and so on.