iPAD 2 at Fry's Electronics (FRYS.com)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rownay, Mar 29, 2011.

1. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

2. tmaxxtigger macrumors member

They are just taking orders, there is no stock currently, say 1-2 weeks. :-(

3. svnty6rs3 macrumors newbie

yup no stock. when i called they said 2-3 weeks.

4. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

.... yea where have you been. I ordred on launch day, but i got bumped out of line cuz i changed models. They receive stock really slow....i replaced my order around the 14th, and there were 13 ipad 2 white 32gb wifi backorders. 5 came in and i still wasnt the top 5 i guess. Now theres 8 left and she just told me that they are expecting some 4/7.... pretty long wait considering that macconnection, jandr and bandh all ship out relatively quickly.

5. ScottJ macrumors regular

Check the retail stores...

If you're nearby a Fry's retail store, you might want to stop by and see if they have any in stock. This past Saturday, I stopped in my local Fry's to see what cases they might have in stock for the iPad 2. As I was browsing, a salesman came over and mentioned that they had two white 32 GB WiFi models in stock. (I told him thanks but that I already had a unit being delivered this week.)

6. rworne macrumors 6502

I was there a few days ago and they got a sizable order in. While I was waiting to see if any were available, I overheard a man arguing with the manager in charge of the notebooks and computers.

The man had preordered a model and was wondering why he was not allowed to pick it up. Apparently he chose a model only one or two people had also preordered. There was enough in stock to fill his order with others to spare.

Why not?

Fry's claimed that they were going to call all the preorders in order and allow them to either get what they ordered or change to a different model if their unit wasn't available.

I'm sort of torn at this decision, since I saw the merit of both ways they could handle the issue. This guy was really livid though.