iPad 2 availability in the UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Artmuzz, May 2, 2011.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

I've been looking to buy the new iPad 2 but no stores in the UK sell them. I have checked Currys/PC World since the release date (March 25th) and they aren't in stock. I even paid a visit to my local Currys/PC World and they told me they don't know when they will be back in stock but to check online for availability. I have been checking every day on the companies site since the release date but all I get is a miserable "out of stock":mad: I have even checked John Lewis, Tesco Direct and Argos but its the same there too. The Apple store is probably my best bet to buy one but the nearest store is over one hundred miles away. I would buy online through the Apple store but I am not very comfortable with online buying.

2. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Order with Apple over the phone if you can't get over ordering online.

0800 048 0408

3. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I know how to buy online it's just that I get a bit paranoid about buying online when paying with visa card. i prefer buying straight from shop as I find that the safest way IMO.

4. G-Mo macrumors 6502

G-Mo

Buying on Apple's site is just as safe as buying straight from a shop.

Safer, really, as you eliminate the risk of being hit by a bus, in a car accident, mugged, robbed, stabbed, shot, in a train derailment, etc...

5. Artmuzz, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011

Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, just like the house blowing up, a car crashing into my house and the computer going on fire :p hahaha. Seriously I was talking about spending money when mentioning it was safer.

6. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

Someone could skim your card or mug you when your out buying it from a shop.

There is no risk buying online from apple, if by a multi billion to one chance something went wrong your bank or apple would refund you. Your just being paranoid.

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I walked into the Covent Garden Apple Store about two weeks ago and they had many iPads in stock, where as Regent Street had none. Just phone any local shops and ask before you go.

(PS The iPad 2s are amazing... enjoy it when you get it!)