Ipad 2 availabilty and pricing

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DIMEZ, Apr 4, 2011.

1. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

Ok, so I bought an ipad 2 on launch and realize the 32gb wont cut it. How is the availability of the ipad now am i able to walk in and get one? It's pass the 2 weeks so I cant take it back no so I was thinking on selling it. I know when apple stuff first come out the prices go up for the first months when selling/buying second hand. Would I be able to get $675 for this model? So i can pay as little difference on the 64gb. Thanks

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You might be able to Craiglist it for the price you paid (including tax) and just find one of the 64-GBs sometime. Don't be an @$$ and mark it up too much though ;)

3. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Depends what did you buy WIFI ONLY or 3G? Either way worst case scenario you will have to pay 130-250 after taxes, if you pay them to begin with, to upgrade.

4. DIMEZ thread starter macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

Yeah i just got into an argument on another website saying $675 was to high and I should sell for 580 or maybe 550 since it was used. Said I was an idiot ...really I listed it at 675 because i know i would get hagglers....as long as I get $650 im fine...not to high is it?

I would link the thread but not sure if I am able to...but i got attacked for listing it at that price..I was just going off of what I saw on ebay.

Well i got the wifi...and only want to get another wifi. Is it hard to come by in 64gb black?

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

599 * 1.07 (my tax rate) = $640. I think that 650 would be quite fair - especially if you're in a place with a higher tax rate

6. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Depending on where you live they may be easier/harder to come by.

The 32gb wifi retails for 599 so unless you find a sucker, you're hard pressed to find someone willing to pay 650 for an open box, essentially what yours is, iPad, I'd say try craigslist because even if it sold for 700 on eBay, which it won't, you'd still end up losing after their ridiculous fees. Put an ad and see If a hong kong scalper will buy it at a premium