ipad 2 back cover recommendations

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mr jnvii, Feb 1, 2012.

1. mr jnvii macrumors member

Hi,

I'm looking for a back cover for my iPad to go with my Smart Cover. I'm having a hard time finding one I like, and was wondering if there was any specific brand that anyone would like to recommend?
    Here's what I'm looking for:

-Clear back cover (so I can see my engraving)
    -Thin
    -Doesn't curve around to the front of the iPad along the edges and corners.
    -Doesn't discolor over time.

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

2. jsh1120, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012

jsh1120 macrumors 65816

I have a clear case from Enki Gear. They had some initial manufacturing problems and were widely lambasted for their initial customer service. But they've since apparently gotten their "stuff" together.

The case I have meets your requirements and has been considerably more durable than a couple of other cases I purchased. Has held up very well and fits perfectly.

Interestingly, they have apparently discontinued their "clear" cases in favor of cases with colors that match the iPad SmartCovers. But you may be in luck. Apparently, the stock of clear cases is being cleared out by a vendor at $1.34 each.

PS. After examining the web page below more closely I'm not absolutely convinced this is the ENKI case but at less than $5 I may give it a try especially since it appears from the photos to be the same case.

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Cover-P...T4NO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1328141806&sr=8-4

3. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

4. jekyl macrumors 6502

jekyl

I use a Skinomi Full Body kit. I did install the front screen protection, but I really bought it to protect the back from scratches. It will not protect from damage from falls, but it will leave the back looking like nothing is there at all. It would definitely let your artwork show. And it would add zero mass to your iPad.

5. Chucktownwhat macrumors member

6. zipur, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

zipur macrumors 6502

Cover buddy of coursework. Normal back cover.
    But if you have a smart cover you should tak a look at the zum ultimate It will lock in the apple smart cover so that thing won't slip off. The Incipio cover case does the same which is very handy. Both a very slim and light