iPad 2 Backlight Issue - any feedback on if time (glue drying) has improved issue(s)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ufgatorbait, Mar 24, 2011.

1. ufgatorbait macrumors newbie

I posted this question in the 40 page backlight issue thread, but it was steam rolled instantly with no feedback.

Question / Topic -

I am very interested in if there are any iPad 2 owners who have seen improvement or correction of backlight issues due to time, which would help conclude if Apple's advice of letting the glue dry is appropriate.

If you have any feedback, positive or negative, please post here. I will also update my post as I received a unit with backlight bleeding but will wait a few days to monitor.

Thank you macrumors community in advance!

2. Mabus51 macrumors 6502a

With mine I noticed the yellowing start to go away in day2. Today is the 4th day I've owned the iPad 2 and I've noticed dramatic improvement as far as yellowing goes. I believe Apple recommends a week. But I've been in class for about 6 hours a day viewing the text books in PDF format. By the end of the day I have about 30% battery left. So I've put it through some heavy use these four days.

Honestly white is white now and not a warm yellow.

3. ufgatorbait thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input Mabus. Fortunately, my wife's iPad doesn't have yellowing, but she does have the light bleed near the home button. Not sure if time fixes such an issue.