iPad 2 battery charge time...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mistykal5, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Mistykal5 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

First post so first wanted to say hey to everyone...

I didn't one the iPad 1 and picked up a black 32gb wifi/3G iPad 2 a few weeks ago off eBay - the battery life has been excellent, a lot better then I thought it would be - but the time it takes to charge is incredible - I had it on charge for nearly 8 hrs - from 3% to 100% - is this a normal charge time??

Thanks in advance...

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Are you charging it through a wall or USB? The wall charger is much faster than USB. And if you use it while it's charging, that's going to slow it down, of course - I've heard some people mention that if you use it while USB charging, it barely gets more juice than it takes to run it, so it's hardly going to charge at all. But I don't know for sure on that.

3. Mistykal5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was charging it through the wall without using it - the last time I charged it it took a long time as well...

4. whitesands macrumors newbie

5. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, mine takes that long via USB but on the wall it's like 2-3 hours to go from 30% to 100%. I would consider taking to the Apple store and asking them about it.

6. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Definitely not normal. It should not take 8 hours to charge the device. Are you charging it via USB? If so, try using a wall charger.

7. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

Make sure you are using the 10W charger that is for the iPad, not the 5W charger that is for iPod. They look identical, except that the 10W charger says "10W USB Power Adapter". The iPod adapter only says "iPod USB Power Adapter". If you are using the iPod adapter, it will take about twice as long to charge.

Was it an open box? The adapters could have been mixed up.

8. mdlooker macrumors 65816

mdlooker

Mine fully charged in about 4hrs after letting it drain to approx. 1%.

9. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Mine charges fully in about 4-5 hours. Roughly 1% per 2-3 minutes.

10. Mistykal5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all of your responses guys but it looks like we have a winner...

It looks like I've mixed up my iPhone and iPad chargers - hopefully not it won't take half a day for a full charge!!