iPad 2 battery charge

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by starlightballet, Nov 17, 2011.

1. starlightballet macrumors newbie

Hello! I have recently purchased an iPad 2 32GB Wi-fi Only for my mother. I'm only seventeen, so it was a pretty big purchase. I really want the iPad battery and the iPad itself to last as long as possible and continue to stay as strong as it can. I have a Macbook myself, so I'm fairly familiar with Mac products, but seeing as I don't want to take the plastic off from around the iPad 2 box (since it's a gift), I was wondering if it came fully charged? If not, should I take it out and fully charge it before giving it to her on Saturday? Thanks for any information!

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Oh, wow! What a wonderful gift! Your mom is going to love it!

As to the battery, it will be charged. Be sure to have a camera at the ready when she opens it. :)

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It comes with 50%+ charge which is good for 5 hours or so use so don't worry!