iPad 2 Battery Monitor

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Link00seven, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Link00seven macrumors regular

Hi all,

Picked up an iPad 2 and it's fantastic. I noticed one thing though that I was wondering if someone could explain. On the iPhone if you go into Settings -> General you can check the usage of the battery. This isn't on the iPad. Is there any way to enable it or is there an app on the appstore that can do battery monitoring?

Thanks.

2. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

3. Link00seven thread starter macrumors regular

:( weird...I wonder where it is! Am I just missing it?

4. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Settings.app > General > Usage > Battery Percentage

If it's not there try restoring.

5. number9 macrumors 6502

They aren't talking about the battery percentage, they're talking about the usage menu. You can see usage time, standby time, call time, and data on the iPhone. As far as I know, this only shows up on iPhones, but it may show up on 3G iPads, but I wouldnt know as I only have had wifi only iPads.

There are a lot of battery apps, tho I'm not sure if any of them would give the same usage stats unless they ran in the background all of the time. Search for battery in the App Store and take a look.

6. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

For some strange reason, Apple didn't include the usage data in the iPad version of iOS. It's not included in the 3G iPad version either. I think people that are citing their usage times are just guestimating them. Don't know of any apps that do either. Most of them just take the percentage of battery life remaining and estimates how much time remains that you can do certain tasks.

7. VanNess macrumors 6502a

VanNess

8. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Nope, it doesn't. Just wasted $2. Not your fault, the description wasn't clear. Said it provided usage monitoring, but it is NOT the same info you get in the usage section in the iphone's setting. This app just give estimates of how much time you have left, not how much you have used. Here are pics showing what I mean:

Attached Files:

9. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

That's kinda odd that they left that out, especially with the awesome battery life.

10. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Contact iTunes support, tell them that the app doesn't do what you'd hoped, and request a refund.

11. Link00seven thread starter macrumors regular

Alright. At least I know it isn't something weird with my iPad...that menu just isn't there. Kind of weird they wouldn't include it but it is what it is I suppose.