Ipad 2 best buy

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lmaster1994, Jul 3, 2011.

1. lmaster1994 macrumors newbie

I want to buy an ipad2 but I don't have all the money rright now and would like to know if I can buy it in best buy .the best buy website claims that you can pay in 6 months.no ineterest. I would like to know more about this and if I can pay when I have the money

Thank you

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

3. eljanitor macrumors 6502

eljanitor

As long as you can pay it all back. Otherwise you just don't need it, and you should wait.

4. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Unnecessary debt is a nasty beast.

5. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I just bought one in the store and it's 18 months no interest. I have the cash, but why not put that money in other things?

6. lmaster1994 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll go to best buy and then decide what to do from there thank you!

7. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Because as much as people say that they can use the no interest period to their advantage and just pay it off later before the interest kicks in, often times that won't happen. That's why companies have those offers. It also forms bad habits of making payments on everything.

8. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I realize that those cards have ridiculous interest rates and being late or not paying in full by the end of the term will cause them to retroactive the interest from the beginning.

I've had a Best Buy card for about 20 years and never had to pay a single penny worth of interest even though I've carried a balance of $5,000 on it at times. You really have to be discipline with the payment and make sure that it gets paid in full when it needs to be.

9. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

See, it seems like half of America seems to lack this discipline.;)
    Credit cards can be a great tool if you have the money for what you a buying (and if you pay off the balance in full every month). You seem to have the discipline, and I'm glad you do, although I still wouldn't do that myself. What I worry about is when people don't have the money and say they will pay it off later during the no interest period. Not only does this form bad habits, but often times it won't get payed off during that timeframe.

I'm just saying an iPad is not a necessity and not worth potentially going into debt for when you don't have the money. If you don't have the money, don't buy it.

10. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

What I like to do is divide the balance up by the full term and pay that amount each month. $600 iPad 2 over 18 months is about $34 a month. That is pretty easy to swing.

But you're right that such things are luxuries and if you don't have a stable job to cover your expenses, then it's not worth it.