iPad 2: Bethesda

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by bmat, Mar 11, 2011.

1. bmat macrumors 6502

Anyone going/there? I am thinking 3-ish. Anyone go for the iPhone 4 or prior launch and know about how quickly they move? I was also thinking Montgomery Mall....

2. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

The Bethesda Row location is closest for me (even though I'm in DC, the Georgetown store is a tad further away), but I think I'm just going to stroll over to Best Buy after work in Friendship Heights and see what's going on. If there is a huge line or whatever, I'll just order online.

I'm patient. :)

3. leenak macrumors 68020

Hey! Please post what you find out! I'm going to Best Buy, Montgomery mall is my backup plan with Bethesda Row being my backup to my backup plan :)

4. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

Oh, I'm not going anywhere near an Apple Store today, lol.

5. leenak macrumors 68020

I would expect the lines to die down by 7pm. I'm normally a patient person but I've been waiting for months for this to come out!

6. bmat thread starter macrumors 6502

Got there around 3 and left at 5:15. About 75 people before me in line, and maybe double that when I left. They were running low on At&t 3G ones pretty quickly.

7. leenak macrumors 68020

Best Buy had shorter lines, but I imagine also less stock. I went to BB a little after 3 and I was number 15. At 5, there were probably 150 people in line and they had stopped giving out tickets. They told people that quantities were low but that they still had some.