Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Well I was loving it for almost two days but all the sudden today my Wi-Fi stoped working on my new iPad 2 - 16GB WiFi. Actually happened when I was browsing macrumors.

Reset the device and it came back but in about 5 mins it had the same issue. Now after several reboots it just has a grayed out WiFi in the left pane of the settings. Next to it it says "No Wi-Fi".

I don't have my Mac with me so I haven't been able to try a restore but I have a strong feeling it's a hardware problem. Any ideas for troubleshooting? I'm hoping that the Apple store has some stock hidden away for service issues like this, I doubt they have service replacement iPads yet.

Anyone else having this issue?

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the replies. Network is good. Posted from my iPad 1 and my iPhone is talking with the network fine.

Tried the reset network settings but had no luck. Good suggestion though. Forgot about that setting.

lilcosco08

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2010
Dayton
Thanks for the replies. Network is good. Posted from my iPad 1 and my iPhone is talking with the network fine.

Tried the reset network settings but had no luck. Good suggestion though. Forgot about that setting.

Happened to me a while ago with my iPT2G

Took it to apple and it was replaced on the spot, out of warrantly!

GL

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
Replaced

FYI. Went to the Apple store today and had the unit replaced. Unfortunately they were unable to flll my request of upgrading to the 32GB. Oh well, might try to return later if they get then in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.