iPad 2 Business Questions.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Th3KaNgSt3R, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Th3KaNgSt3R macrumors newbie

So I would like to use the iPad 2 as like an on the go computer, and I need to be able to use it for business. I would like to know if the iPad 2 can do these things:

1. Open, create, edit, and save Excel, PowerPoint, and Word files.
    2. Open email attachments on the iPad 2 and save those attachments onto the iPad 2.
    3. View PDF files.
    4. Move Office files to and from iPad 2 with PC.
    5. Create a folder that I can put all my Excel, Word, etc. files. Just like a computer so I can just open that folder and all my docs, spreadsheets, and etc will be in there.

Can you please tell me if the iPad 2 can do these things, and how I can do it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Zeos macrumors 6502

I use my iPad on business trips, often times leaving my laptop behind...
    1. Yes, but the apps have more limited functionality, of course, and the formatting will never translate over either way 100%. QuickOffice. DocstoGo, Pages, Numbers, Keynote.
    2. Yes. Email and Safari allow you to specify which App to open toe doc in. Be sure to by Goodreader.
    3. GoodReader is a great PDF viewer and organizer. It also allows you to annotate, sign, stamp. You can also open lots of other types of files and access DropBox, iDisk, or your ftp server.
    4. Use DropBox (free), iDisk, or iTunes (requires syncing).
    5. Dropbox, iDisk. Otherwise you are stuck with each file being saved under it's respective app's file list.

ANther note is that you can buy an app like Jump to get easy real-time access to your office laptop or computer's desktop. I access our CRM and other tools on my Dell at work while travelling.

3. ani23 macrumors 6502

From my personal experience the iPad is no laptop replacement in a business environment. But as the op said you can use something like rdp to your laptop but it's a lot more cumbersome to work on vs native

It works as a beat sidekick but it's no replacement. Yet.