iPad 2...buying and selling questions...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Audrey313, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Audrey313 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Advice needed please...

I'm going to get an iPad during this tax free weekend. However, I plan to take extra good care of it and then sell it before the iPad 3 comes out so I can upgrade.

So first, considering this, would you get a 16 gb or 32 gb? Which would be a better investment and would be easier to sell?

Then, when I am ready to sell, how should I go about it (if you successfully did this with your iPad 1 in order to upgrade to an iPad 2, where did you sell it?). Also, what kind of price point would you ask?

I would appreciate any input or advice from experience. Thanks in advance!

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I don't know, but you could check on eBay, CL, and amazon to see which size #1 is selling better and retaining it's value better right now. I'd expect the pattern to hold for #2. On the one hand, the bigger sizes sell better new, but on the other, people buying used are looking for a deal so they might go smaller than new buyers. I'd do some research.

As far as price point, that's hard to say months in advance. Wait til 3 is officially announced and see what the going rate is then. Search eBay completed auctions to see what it's actually selling for, not just listed for, but if you can I'd go CL for the actual sale to avoid fees.

3. Audrey313 thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks so much for your input. Right now, black 16 wifi is #1 on Amazon.

That was going to be another question I forgot: what color? I would assume black would appeal to more people in general but could be totally wrong.

I'm going to buy my iPad today so if anyone else has any other advice or input to add, I'd really appreciate it.