ipad 2 buying limit per household

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i was just wondering if they will have the same , 2 per house hold limit on the new ipad too.. any info on this ?

2. MarioB macrumors member

last time they had 2 per person, but I remember reading on this forum that there is no limit for this ipad

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So far no details about the launch have been released, give it a few more days for Apple to send out a Press Release with all details for what to expect from the Friday release.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

As of yet there is no stated limit. Actually everything about the launch other than the start time is unstated so far. No official info at all.

But store managers can and limit purchases on all products even if there is no "official" hard limit. They will do this if the line is particularly long to ensure as many people as possible are served and also to stop gray market resellers from buying stock they intend to resell overseas.

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    From what I remember from other launches, someone from the Apple store staff will walk down through the line and inquire as to which model/capacity/color you want and how many and state that there is a limit per purchaser, if there is, as well as state if there are any other restrictions such as no cash, credit/debit cards only, etc. In the past they've had restrictions on the number of items per purchaser plus require that purchases be made with a credit/debit card with the purchaser's name on it. This prevents a lot of would-be eBayers from coming into the store with a lot of cash and buying up several or many devices and then reselling them on eBay or Craigslist.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You're probably out of luck if you have a huge family with every member wanting one.