iPad 2 camera artifacts?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nextgeneric, Apr 18, 2011.

1. nextgeneric macrumors member

Just received my new iPad 2 today and I've come across and interesting issue.

I noted when I'm using the camera, there will be a flickering every few seconds of noise artifacts. It's difficult to explain, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered something similar?

2. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Are you talking about noise as in when the tv connection isnt good and you have that fuzziness moving?

3. nextgeneric thread starter macrumors member

Similar to that, yes.

4. vbaskar macrumors newbie

the picture i take from my ipad 2 has lot of grains...i mean it is like "Grain" feature in DSLR or Picasa...i plan to upgrade my OS to 4.3.2 and see whether it goes away...

5. Fynd macrumors 6502

****** cameras. Sorry bro. This isn't an "issue" you're having as much as it's an "issue" with the iPad 2 :p Best solution would be to use the cameras in a place with FANTASTIC lighting, that should remove any artifacts/grain/etc. Otherwise it's just something you'll have to deal with.

6. nextgeneric thread starter macrumors member

Maybe I did a bad job explaining.

I'm not referring to graininess. Yes, I know these cameras aren't the best.

What I'm dealing with is flickering every few seconds. Fuzz appears on the screen and colors get distorted. I would try to screenshot it but it happens so fast.

7. Pete the Geek macrumors regular