ipad 2 camera over exposure indicator

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kfridge, Apr 22, 2011.

1. kfridge macrumors newbie

hi...

testing the video on the ipad 2 the other day...seems ok for quick clips, but is there a way to stop it actually recording the over exposure indicator, i.e.when it detects that the scene is over exposed, the parts that are flash - wouldn't be a problem if this didn't make it into the final recorded video!

2. XXFirefighter macrumors regular

That's interesting that you called it a overexposure indicator. Why do you think that's what it is? I know what you mean my nikon does it, but there's been threads here saying it's a camera flaw. But if it makes it to the final product, it would be a flaw and not a indicator...

3. kfridge thread starter macrumors newbie

that was just the best way i could think of to describe it at the time, partly, like you, my dslr does the same thing when indicating an over exposed part of a shot...I couldnt find any other threads when i searched...perhaps i was searching for the wrong thing!

if its a flaw then is it with all ipads or a batch? could if be fixed via software?

4. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

It's a flaw. Mine doesn't do that for video or photos. If you take it to Apple Store they will replace it for you.

5. kfridge thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the replies people...will have to nip to an apple store and see what they say, only problem is that the ipad was bought through work - they should swap ok though hopefully, otherwise it will be a delay if i need to send it back via the educational reseller

6. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Remember this devices number one priority is not photography.

7. kfridge thread starter macrumors newbie

nope, and i have a dedicated video camera and dslr for proper video and pictures...i was just testing the video camera when i noticed the problem, if it's not supposed to do it then it needs replacing, wouldnt want that fault appearing whilst using facetime or skype!