ipad 2 cameras

Discussion in 'iPad' started by biscuitdunker, Mar 24, 2011.

1. biscuitdunker macrumors newbie

just after some info on the ipad2 cameras from owners as i am on the fence on purchasing, from what i have heard they are pretty poor, is this the reality? are they really that bad or has this been exagerated? thanks all:apple:

2. FutureStan macrumors member

3. biscuitdunker thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the link, its really not that bad, time to go queue :):apple:

4. FutureStan macrumors member

You're welcome, oh, and good luck, you're gonna need it lol :D

5. jyatch macrumors newbie

Yatch

The camera works real well with Facetime!

6. RadicalxEdward macrumors 6502

RadicalxEdward

pictures: if all you're using it for is posting stuff to facebook / twitter. useable
    video: seems pretty equivalent to the iphone 4. (though the iphone 4 seems to have a warmer tint to the color)

the ONLY thing that bugs me is the lack of autofocus.

7. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

At an Apple store I tried out the camera and was surprised it wasn't too bad. It gives you want you need but not what you want. ;)

8. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

As this subject has been beaten half to death a number of times already, I'll try not to dwell.

The iPad is quite a bit to large to use as the "camera in your pocket". (unless you have HUGE pockets) Therefore Apple saw little value in putting super-good cameras in it. Good enough for video and video chats, but that's about it.

Since almost everyone with an iPad 2 will already have a smartphone with a great camera, and since that smartphone is pocketable and you don't look dorky using it to take pics, the video-quality cameras in the iPad 2 are (in most practical applications) a non-issue IMHO.

As always, YMMV.

9. ea9 macrumors regular

I agree 100%. Better camera's also equals a more expensive product. I'm my opinion, 499$ is the right price point.