iPad 2-cannot be synced. You do not have enough access privileges?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Imola Ghost, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

We keep getting this pop up every time we are syncing my wife's iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS.

The first one says:

The iPad "HER NAME iPad 2" cannot by synced. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.

When you click OK another one pops up saying:

Attempting to copy to the disk "Macintosh HD" failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.

Can someone help me out with this? I've restored both of her devices back to original and started fresh. Right after I got it all set up we wanted to do another sync and we get this again.

HELP ME...IT'S VERY AGGRAVATING!!!!!

2. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

It is permissions related on her iTunes library, navigate to it in Finder and ensure she has read + write permissions on all directories and files in her iTunes library, if you need more detailed instructions then just google the error message, there are tons of results about it.

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

That was it...I went into where our music library is and for some reason my wife was not listed in the sharing & permissions. I added her as being able to read & write and now everything seems fine. It's odd that her account is set as an administrator privileges.