iPad 2 cases do not fit on new iPad!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JasonBourne1, Mar 16, 2012.

1. JasonBourne1 macrumors regular

I bought the red Invision® iPad 2 Smart Case Cover: http://amzn.to/zh0Csn for the new iPad, but it doesn't fit. Disappointing as I love this case. FYI.

Attached Files:

2. bobobenobi macrumors regular

This is a surprise?

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

There's an iPad Accessories subforum for this.

Most iPad 2 cases should fit. That yours doesn't mean that they all won't.

4. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I know!! Mine doesn't fit my 2 cases either!! I'm so pissed!

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Thats a sweet case too. I would wait atleast a month before buying any iPad 3 specific cases.

6. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

This sucks as I was looking at the same case albeit in black.
    This seller is going to be in big trouble as they were sure they fit and loads of people jumped on them.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I just got what ever would fit right now and wait for the new iPad 3 covers, soon to be released.

There was no doubt that the iPad 3 would not fit a case like yours that was made for the 2. The 3 IS thicker.

8. jazzy639 macrumors member

Thanks very much for posting this. I had a similar case (looked identical but different brand) for the iPad 2 and it was amazing. Guess I'll be waiting a few weeks for one to come out for the new iPad...

Actually may get a very think back clip on cover and a smart cover so I can remove the smart cover when I want.

9. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

UPDATE: I have a form fitting case like yours AND I just got it to fit!
    Pop in one corner at a time choosing opposite sides (diagonal). I got all 3 corners in so I can at least use this before I buy a new one. It stays on, I tried taking it back off and its in there snuggly.

I've already had mine for ipad2 so I can't return mine. But if you can, I would just wait to get one that fits perfectly.

10. joolze macrumors member

joolze

I have this case for my iPad 2 in pale pink & red & it's fits my new iPad fine. Very solid & safe feeling. The only mild disappointment is that the Auto Wake/Sleep function is a bit hit or miss. Considering I only paid £13.95 for each case though, it'll do until an official iPad case comes along that I like.

11. homeboy macrumors 6502

I just got mine and it doesn't fit inside the Mareware Case I got delivered today!

WAIT FOR IPAD 3 cases or try before you buy.

PS The iPad 3 is heavy!!!

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why anyone is surprised and/or pissed about their iPad 2 cases not fitting their iPad 3 is beyond me.

13. homeboy macrumors 6502

Because the differences in dimensions is super minor.

14. sal macrumors 6502

didn't help that a lot of case manufacturers assure their cases would fit ipad 2's and 3's

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Any one who did needs to refund the buyer's money. I thought it was very clear from day one that the iPad 3 was different just enough to warrant new cases. If it is a folio type case then it may fit but overall, this is clearly misleading.

The OP said he bought it knowing it was for the iPad 2 and is now disappointed. There's nothing stating the case manufacturer said it would fit.

16. mikepro macrumors 6502

You got the elusive 3 cornered iPad?!?!?!? :eek:

17. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Lol it was case from my ipad2 so I'm happy it fits in there until I get a new cover. You can't even tell the other corner isnt in the 4th one.

18. tsekh macrumors member

It's only marginally thicker than the iPad 2, but I read reviewers saying that it is curvature on the back is different. So I guess hard form fitting case may not fit if they are not flexible.

19. homeboy macrumors 6502

Update: I managed to squeeze in the final stubborn corner. Although it fits with some pain and struggle there is no dobut that cases must be updated for the iPad 3.

20. gman27 macrumors member

Seems like some cases work and others don't. Jason Snell I think said a lot of his fit.

21. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Misleading title.

More accurate would be my iPad cover doesn't fit my iPad. Mine fits just fine.

22. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Maybe I should give the last corner one final push. Lol.

23. batotman macrumors 6502

Sabre Pyramid! *heart*

24. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I want that invision case for iPad 3 when it comes out. I saw yesterday for the ipad 2 it was only like 19 bucks and the reviews are stellar. Gotta have it. Got the Incipio Lexington coming for now, but Im going to get that case.

25. Dan DRC macrumors member