iPad 2 cases in NYC stores?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by melman101, Mar 29, 2011.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

Hey all, I see all these awesome cases online, the Octavo, the Portenzo, the ColcaSac.... Is there anywhere in NYC that I can go and see some of these cases in person? I'd hate to buy something only to have to resend it. I like the Portenzo a lot, but it seems like it might add a lot of weight to this svelte iPad 2. I already have a smart cover, and a Targus iPad sleeve, but I'd be more inclined to purchase something new if I could go to the store and actually see it.

2. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Not that I know of. Pretty sure these are made to order for the most part and by small companies so not sure if there would be distribution like that.

But bulk is a consideration. It takes away from the thinness of a naked ipad so it just has to be your thing.

3. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

What are you using?

4. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I have an Octavo that was just shipped today. I've used prior P&Q cases and they are great. I ordered a Portenzo but cancelled due to the absurd wait time.

But have been using the Smart Cover with a Case Crown suede case for now to protect it.

I called Apple to return the Smart Cover and she told me to keep it and they would refund my card, lol. So at least it was free. The Case Crown was $12 on Amazon.

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

I would try going to tekserve last time I went there they had a bunch of different iPad cases including switcheasy branded ones.

6. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

specifically for iPad 2?

7. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

No this was For the original iPad but tekserve is really good I'm sure they have a good selection of iPad 2 cases by now.

8. ichavis macrumors newbie

I was at Tekserve on Sat and saw nothing iPad 2 beyond the smart covers.