ipad 2 charging issues

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mutz55, Nov 27, 2011.

1. mutz55 macrumors newbie

Ever since updating my ipad 2 to IOS 5.0, I have been having charging issues. I only use the supplied 10 watt supplied wall charger. Having the ipad 2 turned off and then plugging it in, in an eight hour period it only charges 45 percent.

Has anyone else had issues with the "new" IOS update for their ipad, or should I wait for the next update to IOS before stopping in the Apple store for assistance.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Could be the meter needs calibrating. Have you let your iPad run down completely once a month, as Apple advises?

3. Zodiak macrumors regular

I know that it is best whenever possible to wait until your battery is drained before charing but is not always realistic. However I do let the battery of my iPad drain completely once a month and I by doing this I end up with a much longer charge.

When it comes to charging, you are doing the right thing by using the wall charger and charging it that way. Using the USB port of a computer will take you MUCH longer because of how it is limited in power delivery unless using the newer motherboard powered USB ports designed for charing. I dont think I need to mention that the USB port of an unpowered computer will not work, but I have had people try to do that and wondering why they coudnt charge.

I would recommend making sure that all apps are closed. Once you have turned off any combination of those I would also possibly turn the device completely off and then back on.

You could also go as far as turning off 3G, Wifi and Bluetooth. Who knows, It may be trying to scan or interact with some nearby signal?