iPad 2 color bleeding / yellowish tint on edges issues. Is yours affected?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Crunch, May 3, 2011.

?

iPad 2 color bleeding / yellowish tint on edges issues. Is yours affected?

1. Yes, I **DO** have screen problems on my iPad 2.

37 vote(s)
    54.4%
  2. Nope, I **DO NOT** have any problems. My iPad 2's screen is perfect.

31 vote(s)
    45.6%
  1. Crunch, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

Crunch macrumors 6502

Crunch

I was wondering how many of you have the yellowish undertones that seem to be present on the displays of a significant number of iPad 2's. It's mostly visible on the border(s) when you have a dark wallpaper, for example, or any app that has dark background. I'm on my 2nd iPad 2 myself, which has the problem, albeit less so than the first iPad 2 that I ordered on the release date back in March.

I'm going to try to get #3 tomorrow, unless anyone here has any good suggestions. How do you guys feel about this? I find it infuriating and extremely annoying. I know there are a bunch of people who could care less or don't even see it until it is pointed out to them. :rolleyes:

It would be great if you could elaborate a little on your answer. Thanks a bunch!

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Let say: I'm not happy with mine yet; yellow color and some bleeding; side by side with my iPad 1 it's worst on iPad 2. I wait until weekend to give the yellow a chance to disappear. If not I need to go back to the shop.
    Handling and speed of course are as expected and in line with my regular positive Apple experience.

3. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

White iPad2, 16GB wifi. No bleeding or yellowing that I've noticed.

4. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Black iPad purchased two weeks ago. No screen issues at all.

5. syclick macrumors regular

Black iPad purchased locally a week ago. Severe bleed. Returned for refund.

Second black iPad purchased locally a few days ago. Some bleed.

6. Kmart9419 macrumors member

Black and white iPad 32 and 64. 2x2 yellowish tint on bottom left corner, the other had yellowish screen with darker shade on white along left and right border.

7. Lestdog macrumors regular

Got a black 32 wifi on may 7th and The light bleeding was really bad. Returned it immediately and the new one has a small amount so I'm debating with myself if I should return it again.

Right now the edges have a slight yellow tint and it annoys me. Not sure if it's worth trying to return again.

8. meridiusuk macrumors member

hi all

my Black 64gb Wifi Ipad 2 bought on May 3rd (DLXF) No Light Bleed at all 100% perfect in a dark room 100% brightness, Took it back becasue about 70% of the top screen was more yellow and darker to the other 30% bottom half which was whiter and brighter meaning half the screen had a darker tint than the rest and was very bad when reading on web pages and books very off putting. You could only notice it on white but when using it for videos or other stuff it was fine but as i read alot it was not on plus the wife noticed it stright away enough said.

has anyone had the same problem with half the screen been darker than the rest i have read that some people have a warmer more yellow tint but i would of been happy with that if the whole screen was that colour not half and half.

9. oxfordcollapse macrumors newbie

I've definitely got a yellow tint around the edges of my brown box replacement iPad 2 I got about a week ago.

The really disappointing thing is that I returned my first iPad 2 because the backlight bleeding was really bad, and while this one is better, the yellow tint is bothering me way more than the backlight bleed ever did.

It is really noticeable when I use Reeder, which has a dark gray background.

On a related note, I also got a 2011 21.5 inch iMac that has a distinct change in the color temperature from a nice cool, blue-ish white on the left side to a warmer, yellow-ish white on the right side. I wonder if these two issues are related somehow.

10. GP_1 macrumors regular

Black 16GB iPad 2.. Got it about 5 days ago and when there is dark backgrounds I see the yellow tint around the edges...

11. kipnosky macrumors member

The left 25% of my screen has a yellow tint. Noticeable with bright or whitish backgrounds. Very disappointed with Apple QC :(

12. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

The first ipad 2 i bought had light leak issues but i shipped it to apple and received a new unit 5 days later with no issues what so ever.

13. Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502

Crunch

Wow, 32 people (and a majority) with bad iPad 2 screens. I had mine swapped out the day after my original post and that one's just perfect! A friend of mine finally got his 64GB iPad 2 w/ AT&T 3G and said he loved it, despite the "massive screen bleeding".

Unbelievable. I dare guess-timate that most people don't bother with returning them, but I can't stand ANY problems on ANY screens that I have. It ruins the whole iPad experience for me. :cool: