IPad 2 Craigslist

Discussion in 'iPad' started by superstarmc, Apr 6, 2012.

1. superstarmc macrumors regular

2. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

3. NiftyMac macrumors newbie

Doesn't look odd to me. I sold my iPad 32gb 2nd gen w/ smart cover, iHome case w/ keyboard, AppleCare & in mint condition for $550. If anything ask to meet in a public place, if the person denies then I would look at it in another way. Good luck.

4. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Looks like a decent deal to me with the accessories included.
    Keep in mind that a refurbished on is only $350 from Apple.

5. superstarmc thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I'll ask about the receipt and serial number before I decide to meet up. The supicous part was that it was listed so cheap with all that extra stuff compared to ebay prices.

6. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Spelling should be first on your list when it comes to your transactions for the day...not this posting.

7. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

Your first and second sentences don't live in the same universe. What's silly to me is that people still ask for $300 for an iPad 1 on craigslist. $325 for a used iPad 2 is way overpriced too. Sure they're still great devices, but when you can get a factory refurb for such a small markup, I have to believe the used prices will be dropping, or they'll just become hand me downs.

8. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

In general I agree but that particular one from the OP had some nice accessories with it.
    I'm also glad I sold my original iPad a week before the new one came out.
    I got $350 for the iPad 1 wifi with 32Gb :D
    But yes if I'd be buying a iPad 2 I would get a refurb if only because of the warranty alone.
    And I would not pay more then $300 for a used wifi 16Gb.

9. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

You're right, I did somehow gloss over the accessories. The wireless keyboard is definitely worth something. But the cover gets beat up.

10. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

It doesn't look toooooo suspicious to me, however, on the Craigslist home screen there is something that says: "If an item looks too good to be true, it probably is." I would do what someone above me said. Ask to meet in a secure, public place (I prefer StarBucks...coffee :) haha) and if he says no, then I guess move on. Honestly though, I think it's legit. Right now a brand new iPad 2 goes for $400, so at $325 used I don't think that's too bad.

11. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

can be bought brand new for $359 at microcenter. keep in mind when you do ebay prices are a bit higher bc of fees/shipping etc. So someone may sell for $325 cash in person but maybe $350 or more on ebay and still net the same amount.

----------

same thing with the used car market :D

if people are willing to pay it why lower the price?

12. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I just looked and a factory refurb ipad 2 wifi only 32gig is $449. on the apple web site.