iPad 2 Crash, restarts

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mars478, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

I have been observing an issue with my new iPad 2. I bought this 64WifiPad White, from Tekserve, and I constantly get app crashes in all apps, Apple, or third party. Then sometimes the iPad Hangs, displays a weird pattern on the screen and hangs at the Apple Logo with the loading indicator. I know I am not the only one with this issue, I've seen others with this issue on Apple forums and barely here. To get things working again I have to force restart the iPad.
    I feel like these are defective/fault memory chips. I have the worst luck with Apple products... the last 4 I've purchased were all defective, MBP (replaced 3 times, returned), MBA (replaced once, was wobbly and made fan noises), iPhone 4 (defective camera), now my iPad...
    Why, Apple, why?
    Should I get a replacement? I really do love this device.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you read other posts here there are few that are having the same problems as you are. So it has to be bad luck. My iPad2 has not crashed a single time

3. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Only cheezy sloppy coded apps crash on mine. Step ya game up Devs.

4. Bag302 macrumors regular

I have two 16gb Wifi's loaded exactly the same.

One constantly crashes and hangs to the point of being unusable. The other runs flawlessly.

5. Grubster macrumors member

Did you restore from backup of an iPad 1?? If so, I had the same issue. Restore your iPad 2 as NEW, that has fixed all my crashes. (words with friends crashes regardless :))

6. Barry555 macrumors newbie

New ipad crashed

I just had mine crash when using the free version of calculator.
    A line horizontally came down the screen and dimmed it. And then the ipad shut off and restarted. First time. I suspect it has something to do with the app but will keep on checking on this.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

7. jeans94621 macrumors regular

jeans94621

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

I am using an iPad 1 and the same exact thing has happen to me but only when I play Bubble IQ. I thought it was because I was using an older iPad even though it has never happen before
    But I noticed it only happens on this game. Everything else works great on my iPad especially since 5.1