Ipad 2 dead, not turn on

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Apiweb, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Apiweb macrumors newbie

Dec 19, 2013
    Hello friends okay?

So yesterday was watching Netflix on my iPad 2 (64GB - Wifi) as I finished watching, I put the iPad into sleep mode by pressing the Power Button. About 15 seconds later I remembered to activate the alarm and try to turn it on, he was no longer working.
    I pressed the Power Button for a long time, but none of it turn on (or came to life), it still had 75% battery, I tried connecting it to my MacBook, but he did not appear in iTunes, I tried connecting it to your computer with Windows and it also will not appear.
    I left it in the socket, all night, to see if it was something related to charge, but I tried turning it on this morning and no results too.
    I saw on the Internet, which has a hint of "Press the powerbutton + homeButton", however my homeButton does not work (it already has nearly 1 year used to it), so this tip does not work.

I do not know what else to do, he will not turn at all. And no pc/mac recognizes.

Here in Brazil we do not have AppleStore, then it would not take it into a shop (and his warranty has already ended)

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

Mar 15, 2012
    Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
    No simple answer for this one. If it was a later unit I would say to go for an out of warranty replacement. However, even though they still sell the iPad 2 it has really old specs. As far as something simple you might try I don't believe there is. I, however, just hate to give up on a piece of gear. There are a lot of possibilities that you might try. My first thought would be a failure of the power switch since that was the only thing moved in your case. Second would be a complete battery failure. I have opened and repaired all those things on iPhones but I have never had reason to open an iPad so I can not help you there. Good luck and let us know.