Resolved iPad 2 dead?!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whitenoise, Apr 15, 2011.

1. whitenoise, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

whitenoise macrumors regular

:eek::confused::(:mad::eek:

So I have had my iPad 2 for a couple of days now. Charged it fully once and it had gone to "Less than 10%" when I locked it, put in a padded sleeve and brought it to work with me.

I have not bashed or abused the iPad in any way, there is not a mark on it and I am over cautious with the iPad, (until I get a case), to be honest.

When I got into work I couldn't get the iPad to turn on. I have a spare charger, from the original iPad, so I currently have it plugged in.....but there doesn't seem to be any sign of life! :eek:

Anyone had this problem? Anyone have any ideas? It's gonna be a real pain if I have to wait for a replacement. (especially since there is little backlight bleed on this one). There are no :apple: stores anywhere near me, so I will probably be in for another 3 week.*

......been connected for 20 mins without a sign of life. :(

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

This may be obvious, but did you verify that there is power coming from the cord. That is, try plugging it into other idevices first. When the battery of my iPhone was completely dead, it did take more than a few minutes of charging before it came back to life. Having a large battery in the iPad, perhaps it needs more time?

3. whitenoise thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, for the suggestion. ;) Of course I happened to be typing the post on my original iPad, so it was one of the first things I did. Also had another cable and swapped it, (just incase).

There was nothing, no beeps, no signs of life whatsoever, then after a long time and the occasional check to see if it would turn on - the :apple: appeared! and I was back at 10% again...:confused:

I'll be making sure the battery is properly charged and keeping an eye on it, but its not like I'm new to the "i" world, this isn't the same behaviour I have from my iPhone or my original iPad?

Anyway panic over for now. :rolleyes::eek: