iPad 2 deadly slow help

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by anfield11, Nov 20, 2015.

1. anfield11 macrumors 6502

My iPad 2 is running the most recent iOS, however, has been running very very slow in previous versions.

I have iCloud backup and am considering restoring it to cure the issues and then reloading from iCloud.

Any comments or suggestions or things to be worried about?

Thanks in advance

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

iPad 2 is pretty long in the tooth and there are many documented issues with performance on the newer iOS iterations. A few things you can try is a hard reset (hold down power button/home button until it restarts), and try a full wipe/restore to see how it runs.

3. anfield11 thread starter macrumors 6502

I do the hard reset quite often and it's better for a day or two and then reverts. But haven't done a wipe/restore as I imagine I would do it. General > Reset > Erase all content and settings?

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

That's the one matey. I wouldn't have high hopes for dramatically increased performance though, the hardware's pretty old.

5. anfield11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, cheers. Will give it a try. If no success iPad Air 2 here I come. Was hoping to hang on until the 3 though.

6. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Absolutely, well I do hope it hangs on in there for you until the iPad Air 3. :)

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Wait with reloading your backup before you've tried running it without. Quite often, reloading a backup, slows it right back down.