iPad 2 deal breaker for me...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JReynolds, Mar 5, 2011.

1. JReynolds macrumors 6502

I constantly use my iPad at my fire dept. I'm usually browsing around looking for nothing in particular. I'll have probably 5 tabs open at a time jumping between them.

DEAL BREAKER:

With the iPad 2 being 2x faster and 4.3 boosting safari speed will I be able to switch between tabs without them ALL having to reload every time? How about just the 4.3 update, will that allow me to switch without reload in my current iPad?

Thanks

2. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

Front and rear camera's on the unit that the deal breaker for me because of the whole thing with privacy issuse that are now popping up because of new techonolgy

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Well that's logical... because a constant connection to the world's largest unsecured networks isn't a security concern in the first place. Errrr.....

4. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

Take a look at the first video on this page:
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/02/ipad-2-first-hands-on/

.. you should go check one out at an Apple store when they make them available to make your own decision.

5. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

Eff it, watch me get undressed. Enjoy the show.

I'm sticking with a wifi iPad and connecting to my home wifi and wifi at my fire dept only. other than that I'll use mywi to tether. Hopefully that keeps the peeping toms out...?

Either way, I'm not gonna let the fear of hackers or whatever you want to call them prevent me from living and purchasing.

6. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

iPad 2 most likely has more RAM than the first gen. So yes, iPad 2 probably wont reload every page. A processor or update wont change that.

7. svenn macrumors 6502

The first video did not show any tab switching, only how fast the ipad is overall. I would like to see less refreshing when switching, hopefully increased memory will help with that. ios seems to put the page cache low on the priority scale, so it's a huge pita when it has to reload all the time, at least to me on my original ipad.

8. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply.

Those videos are cool and all but I want to see more tab switching between 3-7 pages.

Hopefully the additional RAM will help, maybe even a jailbreak tweak to let iOS prioritize safari cache better.

9. dmunz macrumors regular

Electrical tape over the sensor takes care of that problem...

FWIW
    DLM

10. HXGuy macrumors 68000

Have you tried other browsers, like Atomic? They don't have the reloading tabs problem like Safari, even on iPad 1.

11. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll have to check them out, thanks.