iPad 2 defects?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by edtorious, Mar 11, 2011.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

On the original iPad, was there any defects found on them? Is there anything we should watch out or check for on the iPad 2?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

At first people were complaining about Dust under the screen, but that problem seems to have gone away, other than that I can't think of any issue that the previous iPad had (mine didn't have any).

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

There was a WiFi issue if you didn't have an Airport base station. That was later fixed in an update. Don't recall any other probs. Have had none w/ mine.

4. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I am sure the fandroids will post something. And of course we will have our overseas guy who buys his from an import service. He will go through five and blame Apple for poor QC.

5. delacruzjeff macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

was there any dead pixels issue at iPad1?

6. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Yes.

7. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Apart from, as has already been mentioned. Dead pixels.

Uneven backlighting was one of the major issues.

I think almost all iPads suffer this to some extent, most of them very little but some were really bad. I expect some "normal!" people don't realise when they have a bad one.

It was full brightness in a dark room that showed it up the worst of course.

http://www.agemobile.com/files/gal/staff/u4/2010/06/ipad_display.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/photoatv.jpg/

http://media.photobucket.com/image/ipad backlight/codeusuk/public/ipadbacklight.jpg

8. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Normal people don't have the brightness at 100% either. It is a LED backlit screen.

9. Mac-converted macrumors newbie

The same ole idiots will be posting here before long. There is no such thing as perfect. People just don't get it. I've had my Ipad since last April and it's gfreat. I'm sure if I look hard enough for yellow tinting or some other bogus complaint, I would find one.

10. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I got mine about a month after they came out. No dust, yellowing, wifi issues, ect. But yes, if I turn the brightness up to 100% I can see 'light bleed', then again, I can see that on EVERY LED backlit screen that I have been able to try it on.

I'll bet money that tonight the flood of posts will start.