Ipad 2, digitizer replacement help.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GD0X, Dec 6, 2012.

1. GD0X Guest

So... I've gotten to pretty much the last part of the repair, right before I take the paper off the adhesive strips and join the body and digitizer screen together.

My problem though.... Right before I screw the screen in, I can't seem to get the digitizer ribbon cable seated perfectly, so that when I allow the digitizer to fall itself onto the body, the ribbon cable will push the digitizer screen half an inch up above the body.

Any tips?

2. Greencardman macrumors 6502

3. GD0X thread starter Guest

4. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Your supposed to bend that cable into the corner so that the digitizer can lay flat. If it's not going in re insert cable into socket and try again. Be gentle

5. GD0X thread starter Guest

im trying but i have a feeling the replacement cable is just slightly longer than the OEM cable. I spent probably 40 minutes attempting to fit the cable in the little notch last night... to no avail of course.

6. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Where did you buy the part from? Its possible that its longer, did you measure it against the old one? If it is longer, you might try sending it back.

7. GD0X thread starter Guest

since i replaced the digitizer, i ripped the OEM digitizer cable during disassembly.

with the replacement, i was unable to to fit the cable into the grove... so i improvised and just layered the cable on top of itself, and used the screen with screws to hold it down.

thanks for the help, guys!

8. Apple Techs macrumors member

it is gonna start lifting if you just set it flat on the ipad without folding and pushing it in

the proper way is to lay the ribbon cable into the side of the ipad and the fold over the excess and push it in with a spludger

I should be doing an ipad today so I will post pictures of the proper way to set the ribbon cable on the ipad

it is difficult but I have seen so many people/shops do what you described and it just ends up lifting on that edge and you get a bunch of crap under the screen no fun but hopefully it is seated and sealed tight for you!