iPad 2 Digitizer Replacement Problem - Pressure needed on wifi antenna

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zeke, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Zeke macrumors 6502

Hi guys, I'm new to repairing ipads. I inherited a broken one from my sister and ordered a cheap digitizer from group vertical. When I installed it, the home button was slightly misaligned and resulted in me cracking the screen. Everything worked except for a few dead regions of the digitizer so I ordered another one to fix it. When I did it the second time, the cheap adhesive was incredibly easy to separate (used just my thumbnail). Everything went smoothly putting it back together and then this time, when I went to turn it on before attaching the digitizer it wouldn't power on. I found that pressing to the right of the home button would allow the ipad to power on but as soon as I released pressure I can hear a slight click (like something is shifting ever so slightly) and the ipad turns off. The wifi works, so I don't know if this is a symptom of a broken antenna or what. I tried going back to the other (cracked) digitizer and it is doing the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Zeke thread starter macrumors 6502

I went and took it apart again and found that it was actually pressing on the LCD that did it. Once realizing that, I pulled it out, saw that somehow the logic board had come loose and screwed it down. Now it works fine.