iPad 2 Dock Connector scratch ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LevMac, Apr 10, 2011.

1. LevMac macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hey guys,

If you look at the dock connector on the iPad 2 directly, on either side (left and right) there seems to be a slight indent, is this normal ?

By indent, I mean like a tiny little line on either side of the dock connector ?

Yes I know im being anal, but just wanting to know if this is the same on yours?

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Yes it's normal. IPad 1 and 2.

And I hate the 30 pin connector. I scratched my iPad 2 with it the first day.

3. LevMac thread starter macrumors 6502

LevMac

Hi mate :)

Thanks for confirming, I knew it was normal

I don't think this would be considered a scratch as the two triangular things on either side of the dock connector CABLE are the marks it leaves when you insert it into the dock itself on the iPad, I have had a look at a few other iPad's and they all have these dents/lines

4. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Definitely hate it for the iPad2.

makes scratches more prone, hard to connect and it doesn't fully connect.

5. iseldonplanner macrumors newbie

same problem

I have the same problem. If you are worried about continued wear, I recommend using one of the old kind of connectors, the kind with two buttons on the sides to press in and retract the metal "teeth".

6. The Mad Mule macrumors regular

Yup, it's inevitable. Just be glad that there's nothing wrong with the part of the iPad that you see and use every second; the screen. :)