iPad iPad 2 Downgrading 5.1 to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eddie Bombay, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

Has anyone on a windows machine successfully downgraded their iPad 2 from 5.1 to 5.0.1 or lower?

Seemed to get the 3194 error which was fixed by just running TU. Shortly after that I received the error 2005 which most said it could be fixed just by switching the USB to the main hub on the MAC/PC. This seemed to solve the problem for MAC users; however, on Windows 7 x64 & Vista x32 the error still occurred.

Any info appreciated.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You cannot downgrade A5 devices with iOS 5 blobs. Apple has made them usable only one time. A method has been found out to make them reusable, but it has not yet been made public. That means you cannot downgrade an iPad from iOS 5.1 to iOS 5.0.1 at this time.

3. Eddie Bombay thread starter macrumors 6502

So the guy from Cydiahelp.com was pretty much wrong about the iPad 2 on his step by step instructions? I apologize for not posting the link where I got the information from: http://cydiahelp.com/downgrade-5.1-to-5.0.1-5.0-4.3.3-on-iphone-4-3gs-ipad-ipod-touch/

Under:

Just want to make sure.

Got to that through this on Twitter.

[​IMG]

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Those instructions are not for the iPad 2 running iOS 5.X. While a method has been found, it has not been made public as I stated before.

5. Eddie Bombay thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, so Ahmed Omar off Cydiahelp.com who clearly said it was for the iPad 2 doesn't know what he is talking about?

Got it.

6. Dan14 macrumors regular

He has probably just written the article to get the Google keyword hits so he'll be top when a downgrade method does get released. Yes there's a way to do it, but no it isn't public yet. Sorry :eek:

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

You keep asking the same the same thing over and over...I think you have your answer, and hopefully a real process, soon.