iPad 2 Durability Question??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lperc, Sep 7, 2011.

1. lperc macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPad 2 (finally!) yesterday, and needless to say, it's amazing.

I just wondered though how safe it is to use on a treadmill? I've seen people do it, but is the constant jostling going to hurt any of the internal parts or anything like that?

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

As long as you are not abusing it, I doubt you will have a problem. My advice would be to get AppleCare before the end of your first year, though. This will extend your warranty to three years, just in case.

3. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

iPad AppleCare warranty only adds one more year of warranty to the the original standard warranty making a total of only 2 years, unlike other Apple products such as MBPs, iMacs, & so on.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

thanks. i did not know that, and i am sorry to hear about the short warranty. i kind of wonder if it is worth it, then.

5. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Forget AppleCare, you're better off buying extended care through squaretrade as it covers accidental damage which AppleCare does not.

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

And Squaretrade offers 2 and 3 year options (although 3 years on a tablet may be pushing it - iPad 1 is worth about $299 now, probably $199 in a year (2.5 years from "new").