Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Confucius.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2012
My iPad 2 is currently running iOS 5.0.1 and I want to restore it to the same OS. ( this is to clear up my "Other". I have 4.3 GB of it :( )
I have already downloaded the 5.0.1 file and have the SHSH blobs. However, when I try to Shift+Click restore, it gives me error 1600.

Before I Shift+Click, I run TinyUmbrella and start the TSS server. The box "Set hosts to cydia on exit" is grayed out and unchecked. I then put my iPad to DFU mode before opening ITunes. Doing this seemed to have gotten rid of error 3194 and error 11.

Anyone know what I should do to fix error 1600?

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
My iPad 2 is currently running iOS 5.0.1 and I want to restore it to the same OS. ( this is to clear up my "Other". I have 4.3 GB of it :( )
I have already downloaded the 5.0.1 file and have the SHSH blobs. However, when I try to Shift+Click restore, it gives me error 1600.

Before I Shift+Click, I run TinyUmbrella and start the TSS server. The box "Set hosts to cydia on exit" is grayed out and unchecked. I then put my iPad to DFU mode before opening ITunes. Doing this seemed to have gotten rid of error 3194 and error 11.

Anyone know what I should do to fix error 1600?

You need check the box to set hosts to cydia and exit the program and then reboot the computer. Then run your TSS server and restore. Then uncheck the box and reboot your computer reset your hosts file back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.