IPAD 2 European release

Discussion in 'iPad' started by igoodso, Mar 12, 2011.

1. igoodso macrumors member

Anyone think it will be delayed because of demand in usa

2. Macole macrumors member

Macole

I'm in Europe too .

Don't think this gonna happen .
    This time they should have predict the demand .

3. baronbuzby macrumors regular

baronbuzby

I think it won't be delayed, but supplies will be severely limited.

4. eagleworks macrumors newbie

Please stop over reacting.

The USA will get the stock allocated to them, why do you think US Apple store is already saying 2 - 3 weeks delivery?

Apple and hundreds of stockists have millions riding on the March 25th launch date in multiple other countries around the globe.

Apple isn't going go allocate more units to the US instead of the EU because demand has been high over there.

5. freemini macrumors regular

freemini

I will be really pissed if they delay it.. I would also love preorders, but I highly doubt that.

6. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Yeah, this just about sums it up. iPad 2 is set to launch in the next set of markets in 2 weeks time, on-line shipping dates in the US are 2-3 weeks... that is a very strong indication that production capacity for the next few weeks is largely focused on getting units ready for the international launch.

Frankly Apple will probably want to get it out in their main markets as quick as possible anyway, they know competition is actually coming this year with the Xoom launching around the first week in April and both the Playbook and HP Touchpad coming sometime after that. If Apple can get the iPad 2 on store shelves and, more importantly perhaps, in users hands before those competitors launch it's going to make it that much harder for other tablets to gain traction. Plus they're going to want to get everyone (at least the major markets) close to synchronised to make future launches easier.

What I don't understand is why people are so uptight about supply and seem to expect Apple to magically(tm) produce several million units a week to meet the initial demand. Of COURSE supply is going to be limited, that's the nature of the beast, you don't set your production targets to meet initial demand as you'd end up with a ton of spare capacity once the launch is over. By the same token you don't spend billions building up massive inventory six months in advance, that's just a waste of resources and means you probably ship an outdated product. We see this with every major electronics release (heck, the 3DS is being released the same day as the iPad and will probably have the same problem) so why do people get so bent out of shape over Apple products running up against high demand?

7. Chilean.Miner macrumors member

Chilean.Miner

I think the USA should get their orders filled first before anyone else gets theirs. Just being honest.

Today at the apple store near Stanford, there were several people buying ipads to take out of the country. One friend had 5 of her relatives with her to take them back to Hong Kong this weekend.

8. eagleworks macrumors newbie

Tourists spending money in the USA? Heaven forbid.

The US economy is rock solid enough to do without tourism, right? :rolleyes:

9. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Europe already had their initial stock set. However, I think when that is gone, you are going to see 3-4 week delays.

10. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

They always are. It's a part of Apple's sales and marketing strategy and increases the hype.