iPad 2 Exchange for the New Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xPurpleblob, Jun 10, 2012.

1. xPurpleblob macrumors regular

So my Ipad 2 64 GB 3G, has a problem with the sim card slot. Other sim cards don't work, it's definitely the sim card slot's defect. So do you guys know if apple still carries the ipad 2 64gb's? if they don't do you guys think there's a chance i might be able to swap it out for the third generation? :p

2. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

You can still get the iPad 2 from apple at their store in a refurb. The price is great and the iPads are like new. Just bought an iPad 2 64gb abour a month ago. Here is the link:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC979LL/A

If they show "out of stock" just keep trying back as they come back very often.

HiddenPuppy

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

There's only one way to find out.

But I wouldn't get my hopes up.

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

5. xPurpleblob thread starter macrumors regular

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:mad:

6. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Considering when they had the iPod Nano 1st gen recall they actually were able to replace them with other 1st gens for a little while, I don't think you'll be able to get a 3rd gen iPad for your 2nd gen.

I really don't understand why some think they should be able to get a new generation of product for free for your used old technology. Just my opinion though, not tryin to be snotty.

7. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

then have plenty of refurb stock of the original iPad and the iPad 2 in every flavor that was offered originally. trust me...the last thing they want to do is to have to give you a brand new one when you bring in your broken iPad