iPad 2 fell on table .... I am freaked

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jetenprie, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Jetenprie macrumors newbie

Okay so this is going to sound silly .... But here it goes

I was using the new silly smart cover to prop up the iPad like it is supposed to be able to do and when I clicked the top end .... It collapsed and fell flat onto the wood table it was on..... It mad a kind of loud noise and now I am concerned ....

I did some research on the old iPad and stress tests from that one say it began malfunctioning after only a few falls from a seated position onto carpet!

Basically I am freaked out.... Is my iPad going to begin have problems after collapsing onto the table? I know it's silly, but at this point I would appreciate anyone's input with their own experiences with iPad drops or falls. I camped out for this thing and would be devastated if it began to malfunction :(

Thanks

2. svenn macrumors 6502

Did it fall to the floor, or do you mean it slipped like an inch to lie flat on the table? Either way, if it still works, I don't see a reason to be freaked out. oh wait you spent a lot of money and time waiting in line to buy this and want it perfect :rolleyes:

3. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

"Clicked the top end"? it's a touchscreen. The lightest of touches will suffice. Was it upright in landscape, or vertical.

Remember people, when clicking, always take the laws of gravity into consideration.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I wouldn't worry about it, the iPad is pretty sturdy.

Also, make sure you fold the cover correctly - with the microfiber side out. If you fold it the wrong way, with the leather/poly side out, it collapses at the slightest touch.

5. Jetenprie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you! I just got the cover and was using it the wrong way (poly side out as you mentioned). Thank you for replying :)

6. minttea macrumors newbie

Also, electronic devices like iPad usually went through a strict quality control process and they usually do 3-foot drop test and make sure it can sustain that shock. So if everything works fine, you don't need to worry about it. Just be more careful next time :)

7. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

8. App Downloader macrumors member

My new iPad 2 also fell on a wood floor today, and there were a few raised parts of aluminum at the edges of the right side (Where the volume buttons are)

I'm just hoping it'll survive for another 2 years.

:(

9. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I doubt you`ll have any problems they are pretty robust devices.
    I try not to be too paranoid about mine, just use and enjoy it :)