iPad 2 first time charge

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dman91, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Dman91 macrumors member

Hello folks

after a lot of waiting I'll finally get my GSM 32Gb iPad 2 tomorrow. But I was just wondering if there is any guides or charging it for the first time, I remember when I used to buy a new mobile phone, I was told to charge it at least 8 hours before I use it , even if the battery bar is full

how long do u guys think should I charge the iPad?

Thanks in advance :)

2. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I'm sure battery technology has changed since then but i'm not 100% sure as I don't keep up to date on the technology changes of batteries lol but I just plugged mine in while using it until it got to 100% and I haven't had a problem with battery life so far.

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I didn't charge mine before using it. Five months later, with constant use most days, the battery is still awesome.

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

Makes no difference.

5. ftored macrumors regular

ftored

Was going to ask the same question 2 days ago when I got my iPad. In the end I started using it as i got it out the box..had 75% charge and still didn't charged it.

I guess batteries now do not need any preparation for first time charge as they come precharged from factory I think. I did the same with my iPhone 4 and haven't met any battery problems yet for the last 10 months.

6. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Oh, are you going to have fun tomorrow! Your iPad will be charged. Once you've activated it, using iBooks download the free Apple iPad 2 manual. A very helpful read.

Also, here's some good info about the battery: http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not sure why they include that info with cell phones. Li ion is li ion (and li polymer is basically the same in this regard). Brand, device, etc do not matter. Just charge it and top off as needed. No special care is required except that you don't want to fully drain li ion cells.

8. karilynn macrumors regular

karilynn

Happy new iPad day to you :p it's Christmas in august!

I don't think it matters as everyone else has said. I didn't charge mine and it's still great.

Have fun!

9. Dman91 thread starter macrumors member

Ipad

@karilynn

Funny fact is im not christian, so we dont celebrate chrismus but we have something we call it Jazhn arabs call it eed. Which is similar to chrismus and its in a few days :)

Thnx guys foryour input

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You won't be able to plug it in and charge it. You'll wanna play!!