iPad 2 Fits iHome iA100 Dock Perfectly

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tofray, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Tofray macrumors regular

In case anyone was interested in purchasing this...I spent $200 on this dock/speaker system 2 weeks ago for my original iPad and was worried the angles of the iPad 2 wouldn't allow it to fit...To my relief, it fits perfectly.

http://http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iA100ZC

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Awesome. This is the best dock I have ever purchased.

3. Tofray thread starter macrumors regular

I agree! Not only do the speakers sound great, but the ability to link via bluetooth, from either my iPad or iPhone, is pretty cool. I was also amazed at how well the speakerphone function works...I'm literally talking at the far end of the room of a 15'x15' room, and everyone tells me that they don't notice any difference from talking on the headset!

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I agree, and Bluetooth audio is by far my favorite feature.
    Well worth the $160 I payed for it.

5. Tofray thread starter macrumors regular

$160???!!! Where did you buy yours? I checked everywhere and nobody had it in stock yet...Happened to check Brookstone, and they said they just happened to have special ordered it for another customer who never picked it up.

I lucked out, but I still paid $199! $160 is a steal...

6. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I've been thinking about getting one of these. Perfect for next to my bed to replace my ihome iH9 so I can charge the iPad 2

7. todd03blown macrumors member

Great piece of equipment for sure and the ipad2 fits like a glove! I got mine for either 150 or 160 with free shipping right after Christmas. I love it as does my iphone4 and ipad2 :)

8. Tofray thread starter macrumors regular

I've got nothing negative to say about this thing...Just love it. I almost didn't buy the iPad 2 because I was worried it wouldn't fit this dock...And that's saying something!

9. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I got it from iHome using a promo code. The code still works. It's iHE5Promo.

10. smamm macrumors newbie

My iPad 2 *CAN'T* be docked into my newly bought iHome iA100. The new curved bottom of the iPad 2 prevents it from fitting properly. I have no problems doing so with my iPhone, as the problem only impacts iPad 2.

It can still be paired via Bluetooth for wireless audio playback, but can't be physically docked . . . so no charging is possible.

The previous quotes are a bit misleading to the point where I'm wondering if we're talking about the same device.

11. Tofray thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure what you're doing wrong but I have an iPad 2 and I have an iHome iA100 (which is what I linked to above) and it fits/charges perfectly. You either have a case on your iPad that is preventing it from fitting properly, you have a defective unit, or you're not using enough elbow grease to insert your iPad.

Just to confirm, an insert/adapter comes with the iHome that is meant for use with the iPhone...It should be removed so there's a recessed area to accommodate the iPad. Also, as with any charging cable/dock, the first couple of docks are a tighter fit, but it will loosen up.

Believe me it fits fine, I will post a pic to verify this...

12. Tofray thread starter macrumors regular

13. todd03blown macrumors member

Mine fits just fine as well and I do have an iHome iA100. Mine charges with no issues for both my iphone4 and ipad2.

Not sure why you are having issues.