Maschil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Mississippi
Hello everyone. Basically i have a friend that has an iPad. She is wondering if its possible to set up the iPad in such a way that it won't remember the email password in the MAIL app that comes with the iPad. She uses the iPad along with another lady but for privacy issues, wants to see if she can keep the other user from viewing her emails and vica versa.

If it isn't possible, im wondering if their are other mail apps that can be used......Thanks

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
My wife and I share the iPad for email, both Google accounts. We use the web-based interface within Safari. We don't care about seeing each other's mail, so the iPad is set to save passwords.

If someone wanted to do the same but maintain privacy, just set the iPad to not save passwords. I think it's the Autofill setting, set to "No", under Safari settings.

Maschil

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Mississippi
My wife and I share the iPad for email, both Google accounts. We use the web-based interface within Safari. We don't care about seeing each other's mail, so the iPad is set to save passwords.

If someone wanted to do the same but maintain privacy, just set the iPad to not save passwords. I think it's the Autofill setting, set to "No", under Safari settings.

Makes sense...... actually a good idea. Thanks

i forgot to mention that she has comcast and verizon accounts..... maybe she could use them within the browser as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.