iPad 2 gives hissing noise when connected to AUX

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cuddapah, Mar 23, 2011.

1. cuddapah macrumors newbie

Never experienced any noise with iPad original or any of the iPhones. But, iPad 2 :(

I bought two iPad 2's - one is 16GB WiFi and the other AT&T 64GB. I noticed that when I connect to AUX in the car, there is a lot of hissing noise. Both the iPad 2's are like that. Never experienced this in the original iPad. Tried all sorts of options ... low volume, mute etc. Anybody noticed this ? Any solution ?

2. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

Are you charging at the same time you are using the Aux?

Also, do you have another aux cable you could try using?

3. cuddapah thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip. Problem solved!

99% of the time I don't plug the charger ... I let it die of power and then do a full charge so that it goes thru one complete power cycle. After reading your message, I connected the charger and hissing noise is gone! (never have to do with iPad original or iPods or iPhones).

4. danofthebass macrumors newbie

You might want to check this out.

Sounds like you need TuneLink Auto. It bridges your iPad's built in bluetooth stereo audio to an AUX out. TuneLink is also an iPad/iPad 2 charger that supplies the full 2.1 amps. The AUX out uses "humbuster" technology to eliminate hum or buzz that you're hearing when you charge. You should be able to charge and listen at the same time. The bonus here is that if you're not charging, then you won't have to plug in anything. Also, when you start your car, TuneLink will automatically connect and auto-play your tunes without having to touch the iPad at all. Check it out, highly recommended:

http://newpotatotech.com/TUNELINK_AUTO/tunelink_auto.html

5. apollostern macrumors newbie

Same problem with Brookstone pop-up speaker

I have the same problem with the pop-up speaker from Brookstone. Anyone else? It sounds very sinusoidal. Any idea? I haven't tried to plug the iPad in yet. But I don't want to have it plugged in every time I want to use the speaker.

6. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

The hiss you're hearing is called Ground Loop Interference. You can remedy it with a Ground Loop isolator which can be bought at Radio Shack or elsewhere on the internet.

7. Polymira macrumors regular

The real fix would be to fix the ground in your cig lighter port. I've dealt with this issue for years, with ipods, iphones, and android phones ... i just deal with it and only charge when i need to