iPad 2 Glass Lifting

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Opstech, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Opstech, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Hello Team,
    I got an iPad2 as a gift from my brother before I went overseas. It was flawless and the best thing i ever used for entertainment, but when i came back to the states, I noticed the glass near the home button has started to lift. I noticed it when i was putting it back into the sleeve. It's very subtle and you can tell when you touch the glass and bottom frame/lip. Just the other day i noticed a sound every time i would push on it. like the glass is held on with 3M double sided tape. My brother is in Iraq and he has the receipt. Should I wait for him to mail it to me, or can I take it to the apple store to have them fix it? the reason i want them to fix it, is because this ipad has no light bleed and i'm afraid to switch for one that does! Has anyone else had this problem? I looked for some other posts on it, but it's mostly about the light bleed.
    Thanks for your help team.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The receipt is not needed. If the Genius Bar deems it defective, they'll swap it out with another one. Apple Stores don't repair hardware problems in iDevices.

3. dumaz macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen to my 3 week old iPad. Brought it in to the apple store and they took one look and swapped it out. Shouldn't be an issue