iPad 2 Glitches

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Macdude2010, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Ok, so, I was one of the early adopters of the iPad 2 when the backlight bleeding, I decided to keep it until July and then swap. Thats when the trouble began, I had a number of different issues (dead pixels, etc.) and decided to keep my 3rd replacement (5 in total). Now, since then I have a number of issues come up on that replacement.
    1. The lower part of my screen (near the home button) is a very yellow tint compared to the upper half (making almost all colors appear to have a shift in tint.) Picture attached
    2. Recently it has decided to start randomly shutting off at the most inconvenient times (lines on the screen and then screen shuts of from left to right)
    3. It crashes in apps now and brings up ones that are not in the multi-tasking bar (most recently it went black from safari and opened up FaceTime)

Apple said the only thing they can do for me is give me a refund. Now, I use my iPad daily, so this isn't an option, now I was thinking, I can go into an Apple Store next week and buy a new one, but I am worried with my luck so far I might end up with another bad one because I saw one that had a serial number from about a month ago and it had almost as much bleeding as my first one. Have any of you bought an iPad 2 recently and have you had any problems (such as un-even tint, bleeding, dead pixels, etc)

Attached Files:

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Got an iPad 2 weeks ago and I've noticed these things just recently:

-About 2mm yellow tint all around the border
    -Small light bleed in the upper left
    -Whites in generally look really rather off-white, even at full brightness (I don't know of this is normal for iPad)

The underlying problem I've had is that it keeps failing to read my SIM card. I spoke to Apple today, and they booked me an appt. at the genius bar for Sunday to get a replacement. On that note, is it at all possible to convince them to give me a White iPad instead?

3. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

No, they won't switch colors (i have asked out of curiosity), and I think the yellow boarder is normal on IPS displays, also, could you post a picture of your backlight bleeding

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do they have a good reason why? I'm still going to press them - changig the colour is the least they could do for the troubles ive had.

Heres a photo, not sure if you'll see the bleed though:

[​IMG]

5. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Ok, well, my iPad apparently has more bleeding then yours does, i have several of those spots of bleeding down the left side. Maybe I will give it a try next week

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Yeah, I've got about 7 spots all down the left, but the top two seem to be the most intrusive.