iPad 2 Greyscale Effect

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cat3600, May 23, 2011.

1. cat3600 macrumors newbie

Do you get the grey scale effect while quickly scrolling a web page? This is due to the lagging, which was way worse on the iPad 1!

This is my 2nd iPad 2, first one I gave to my brother so I cannot compare to that one, but it seems that my 2nd iPad 2 is slower.

Is this possible or I am just imagining things!

Thanks

2. cat3600 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmmm was this such a stupid question that nobody bothered to reply!

All I wanted to know was do you sometimes still get the Greyscale effect while quickly trying to scroll on your iPad 2. Otherwise I'll have to head to a store to compare my iPad 2 with another unit!

3. JeepGuy macrumors regular

you mean checker boarding, there are a lot of factors that can effect this, from connection speed to how many pages you have open to how large the page is, but all iPads do this.

4. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

as long as i wait for the page to fully load, i will never get checkerboarding, no matter how many open windows i have.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You might be right in your initial assessment. For future reference, grayscale means black and white, like a no-color photograph. Like a previous poster said, you mean checkerboarding.

6. cat3600 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey thanks guys yes I did mean checker boarding, I did try it out on another iPad 2 at Best Buy today & yep at times it happened on it also, of course not always & same as mine.

So I'm all good after all:)